By Andrea Smallwood, Policy Advisor, Legislative Policy, Food Safety and Environmental Policy Branch, OMAFRA (email@example.com)
The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) is considering making amendments to Ontario Regulation 119/11 Produce, Honey and Maple Products.
- Make provincial grading, labelling and colour classification standards consistent with current federal requirements
- Strengthen food safety
- Enhance maple syrup quality
- Support innovative products
OMAFRA is looking for feedback on the types of changes that would benefit and support the maple sector. You can provide input by:
- Responding to the Discussion Paper.
- Accessing the Regulatory Registry: www.ontariocanada.com/registry
- Attending a public meeting in June:
In person (English sessions)
- June 10, 2015 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm — Elmira
- June 16, 2015 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm — Moose Creek
- June 17, 2015 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm — Perth
- June 18, 2015 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm — Havelock
- June 23, 2015 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm — Espanola
- June 24, 2015 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm — Huntsville
- June 25, 2015 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm — Stayner
In person (French session)
- June 17, 2015 9:00 am to 11:00 am — Moose Creek
Teleconference /WebCast (English session)
- June 19, 2015 11:00 am to 1:00pm
Contact the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting details and to register
Your advice, views and suggestions are important in ensuring that appropriate changes are considered.